Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Kindergarten in Singapore

My daughter is 2 years and we started to look for kindergartens around our home. Basically I won't believe in kindergarten kind of education at such an young age, but being in a foreign country with limited interaction with her own age kids forced me to look for schools.

MOE website has wonderful info with detailed information. But I couldn't find any kindergarten with Hindi, Telugu as primary languages. What I understand from our friends is Ramakrishna Mishan has some classes in Hindi. Also another kindergarten in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 offers in Hindi. Finally we've shortlisted one which is just across the road. This is associated with a religious organization but I was told by the friends/neighbours that the curriculam and teachers are much better than the rest. Also during our search I realized the exorbitant fees charged by these kindergartens. Irony is primary & secondary schools the fee's are just a fraction of kg fees. Below is a summary of major kg providers.

My First Skool --> 6,240
PAP Community Foundation --> 7,200
Etonhouse --> ~20,000
Pat's schoolhouse --> 16,000
Learning Vision --> ~12,840 (depending on the area this may vary)
Ramakrishna Mission/
Sarada Kindergarten --> 6,500 (term feex 4times + misc charges)

1 comment: