Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Singapore CEO Compensation

This post has been pending for quite some time as I've not enough time to go through the annual reports. I wanted to do this to see how our top management getting compensated.

Here goes the table showing the SGX-30 listed companies CEO's compensation. I've provided the page numbers in annual reports as references. An important point to note is almost all the companies are giving stock options and the award criteria is quite complex, so I've decided to exclude the stock options. If including the stock option price the total compensation can be quite a lot. For example Singapore Airlines CEO could receive up to 1 million stocks which makes his total package increase by another 15 millions. Same goes for the banks, and the commodities firms. So the CEO Salary looks low in absolute cash terms but the overall package may be few times more than the cash portion and it's certainly not low :)

By the way, the usual disclaimer. This is my best effort data but I cannot guarantee that this is 100% accurate as there may be errors when I copy or type. So caveat emptor and use at your own risk.


No comments:

Post a Comment