Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why Samsung Galaxy S is not getting Froyo (Android 2.2) update..(US)

Source: XDA-Developers 

In summary Samsung wants to charge US carriers for the 2.2 update which Operators not willing to pay. I doubt the authenticity & accuracy of the news as Samsung sold few million pieces of Galaxy S worldwide and updates are available.
Officially Samsung didn't announced the availability but when you connect to Kies it prompts to upgrade to 2.2. Also I heard that Samsung service center does the upgrade if Kies is not working or can't use due to whatever reason.

I see only one good reason to update which is Skype. Skype only runs on 2.2 on Galaxy and I need skype so I've updated myself in late November 2010. So far so good with some minor hickups but overall don't see any big improvement or change.

No comments:

Post a Comment