Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Singapore electricity prices - 2000 to now


Singapore power services or SP Services announced that their charges will increase by 6.1% from April. (News Report from Channelnewsasia here)

I've tried to do a simple graph showing the historical prices of electricity tariff over last ten years here and here goes the image.

I've tried to add the inflation (From MAS) too but seems no big impact over time. My calculation of inflation adjusted is pretty raw and I've used excel and PV/FV to 'adjust'. So if any of the financial experts/gurus see better way to do please don't get furious and I am willing to learn..

4 comments:

  1. Can you please provide me the numerical data's for the year 2002-2012?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can find it in SP Services website.
    http://goo.gl/AG8qW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, the link only provides data for year 2009-2012. Do you think you can provide me with the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would lіkе to thank you fοr the еfforts уou havе put in writіng this sіte.
    Ι reallу hоpe tο check out the same high-grade blog ρosts by you in the future as well.

    In fаct, your crеative writing abilitіes hаs motivated
    me to get mу very own blog now ;)
    Also see my website: discounted netbooks

    ReplyDelete