Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waze - Free GPS with Voice guidance

www.waze.com

If you see the Appstore GPS perhaps this is one of the best out there. Even lifehacker mentions it as the best free tool for GPS on iPhone.

I've used it in USA and I was expecting similar experience in Singapore but trust me guys you'd be terribly disappointed with Waze in Singapore. First of all the maps are not updated and when I tried to update it gaves me an error " I don't have rights to edit". This is the same road I take almost every day to work.
Secondly the routing doesn't work at all and the country manager/area manager seems not bothered to add/edit the routes.
Most importantly I don't understand why can't they simply use Google Maps and add the voice capabilities instead of trying to recreate the maps again :|

After a month of using it now I gave up and going back to the good old tomtom.

No comments:

Post a Comment