Sunday, February 19, 2012

Skype Impact on my international call costs

Within few years Skype went on to become the largest international telecom player with marketshare of over 20%. It also helped a lot of folks like me who is working overseas to be in touch with family & friends back home. But I still have to make international calls for those folks without access to a PC or Internet connection.

Now I just got a mail from Skype on their unlimited calling plans and I thought of subscribing it but before that I wanted to see how much money I am spending on these days. Ofcourse that brought me to take a look in to historical spending too :)

So based on my spending finally I decided not to go for the monthly plan which costs me ~ USD20/month. My spending is around a third of it per month. But if this was available few years back I'd have jumped to it :)



2 comments:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really love the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also engaged! I’m sure you had joy writing this article.

    ReplyDelete